Matthew 4:1-25 Disscuison

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matthew 4:1-25 Disscuison

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Matthew 4: 1-25
This week we read about Jesus and how he was tempted by the devil. In this chapter of Matthew I begun to reflect on our lives. God will allow certain situations to arise in our lives. In order to see what we will choose and how we will react when facing challenges in our everyday lives.

In Matthew 4:1 the scripture said Jesus was led by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. From this I got that sometimes in our lives we will get to a dry place. To a place that we may be willing to do anything to find some type of relief. This is when the devil will come in and paint the image that if we just follow his lead we can have it easy. When we are in the deserts of our lives we have to be willing to trust God enough to know that we will not die of thirst in our deserts as long as we tap into the source.

Matthew 4:3-10 showed various attempts that the devil used to tempt Jesus. Think for a moment of all the times the enemy sent someone to you to try to make you doubt who you trust. The enemy will often try to make you prove that God is God alone. Many people will challenge your beliefs. You have to know and stand firm on what you know to be true.

Matthew 4:18-22 showed the willingness that had to follow Christ. They were willing to stop what was familiar to live a different life that is pleasing to God. So many times we have to think twice about leaving what we know, what we are used to in order to do something totally different. Just like our purpose in life. We know the plans we made for ourselves and that is what we stick to. We sometimes fail to consult with God on what he would have us to do. So when his plans are different from our own we hesitate on moving forward. In these scriptures we see that these men dropped all that they knew to follow a man they had only heard of because they trust him enough to know that he is able to do more than what they could do alone. Makes me think about my own relationship and how it is important to trust and follow Christ.

What are your thoughts about this week Bible study lesson?
How important do you feel it is to stay in the will of God when entering into a dry place?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top