Matthew 5:1-25 Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matthew 5:1-25 Discussion

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:50 pm

In this week’s Bible study lesson we divided Matthew 5 in half and in the first half we learned that God taught his disciples who are the blessed. In Matthew 5:3-11 gave many examples of the blessed. These verses showed me that no matter what we go through in life, to matter what we may face just like the disciples we are still blessed as long as we stay in the will of God and as long as we are his disciples. One thing about being a follower of Christ is that we may face many challenges and we may even be persecuted but we are blessed because who we belong to.

In Matthew 5:12 tells us to be glad and joyful in the thing that we may endure because our reward in heaven is great for in the same way people persecuted the prophets who were before you. This is says to me that if the prophets that pave the way for us had to go through obstacles for the sake of kingdom work, then we too cannot allow the hiccups in life to stop us from doing what we are called to do because in doing what we are purposed for we are blessed.

Then Christ begins to teach us the importance of letting our lights shine. He simply tells us that no matter what we may come across we are not to hide our light and who we are in Christ, but let it shine bright in the world. We are also to keep the commands of God if we want to enter into the Kingdom.

Matthew 5:22 teaches us that we are not to be angry or harbor and malice in our hearts for our brother. One thing that I from this is that when you speak a negative word to one another we are liable. This reminded me that you really have to be cautious of the words that you say out of your mouth in anger, because you cannot take them back. Being accountable for the words that come out of our mouths in a time of hurt, pain and anger, really makes me think of how liable I am in the kingdom just by my mouth alone.

We have to make peace with our brother before we can offer up our gifts to God. (Matt 5:24) We all have gifts to be used in the kingdom, what I got was that we have to be willing to make peace before we can be effective. Before we are truly operating in our gifts we have to remove the blockages in our heart that stops us from completely functioning.

What are your thoughts?____________________________________________________
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew 5:1-25 Discussion

Post by kaylaalston on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:17 am

I was actually speaking with someone about Matt 5:24 about some issues going on. God has gifts for us All to use but if you continue to ignore that person turn your nose up you can not effectively use them for God. Making peace with a person, place, or thing can elevate your gift in was that you could not imagine.

I went to bible study tonight we were not in Matthew but that same message was given to me(Matthew 5:12). Which real confirms everything.

kaylaalston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:59 am

This is so true. We often hold up our own process because of the issues we have with others. Yet sometimes they have moved on or don't care, so in order for us to be effective in what we have to do we have to make peace even if they don't.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top