Matthew Chapter 7 Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matthew Chapter 7 Discussion

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Matthew Chapter 7

This week our lesson came from Matthew chapter 7 in these passages we learned valuable points that we need to use each day.

In Matthew 7:1-2 the bible tell us that we are not to judge one another,that we are not to criticize or condemn one another. We are so critical of one another, that we often times forget about the issues that we have in our own lives. It is so easy to point out the wrong in someone else, so that we want have to focus on the areas in our lives that we are not so proud of. We have to look at these scriptures and apply them daily, so that we will not be so caught up in judging that we lose focus on actually building each other.

In Matthew 7:3-5 here we read that how can we point out the error in our brothers and look right past the error in your own life. If you cannot see yourself how will you be able to see others clearly? There is so much that we could be working to correct, that we cannot possibly see what everyone else need to fix.
In verse 5 we have to take heed to what it is saying about not being a hypocrite. First we have to take care of ourselves, before we can be effective in our service to someone else.

In Matthew 7: 7-8 we read that we must be persistent in out asking when it comes to God. For in the word it says to keep seeking, keep and keep knocking.
This to me reminded me that it is important to keep seeking God. Have a hunger to want to know him more. We cannot expect him to answer he we fail to keep asking him. There has to be a desire for him if we want him to bless us, or open doors that no man can close.

Matthew 7:15-19 in these scriptures Matthew is warning us to beware of the false prophets that we may encounter. We are also told here that we will know them by their fruits. This is something that makes me think. So many times people will come with a word that they say comes from God, but who they say they are does not line up with the with their life. If a tree is good it will produce good fruit. In Matthew 7:19 it says to cut down the tree that do not bear fruit and cast it in the fire.

Matthew 7:20 you will know a prophet by the fruits in their lives.

We have to do all things in the will of God if we want to be pleasing in his sight. In Matthew 7:22-29. Showed the reaction to the teachings of God during his sermon. This shows me that we have to be willing to listen and follow the plan that has been laid out in his word if we want to be welcomed into the kingdom of God.

What are your thoughts on Matthew chapter 7?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Chapter 7 Discussion

Post by kaylaalston on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Just this week alone I have seen so many people speak against 'The Church,' and people of God. There has been a lot of slander directed towards the CHRISTian community, and people do not recognize it for what it is A DISTRACTION. Half the church says the church needs to do this the church needs that, but NO ONE has taken a 'selfie' of the situation. If you see a need that The Church is not meeting and you are unhappy about it take a time out and ask yourself what are you doing to change it? It is not our place as CHRISTian to judge or condemn, and I actually believe that the story of the Adultress women is commonly misunderstood, primarily because everyone picks and choose parts of The Bible that they will apply to their life. Jesus told her to 'go and sin no more.' Matthew 1-5 is not an acceptance pass to sin, it's not our job to judge but it is our job to help our brother or sister that is sinking, it is our job to guide the broken it is our job to be the example to which the people can go to. It is our job to demonstrate how it is to be a man or woman of God, and quit condemning each other because what I'm called to do is not what your called to do. The one thing that the church lack and it bothers you be the change in the house of God and quit condemning and judging each other , while you're condemning Paul, Peter has grabbed your Blessing it's all in whether you want it or not.

kaylaalston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:42 pm

You are right on, with this we need to be the example, and the Pilar of prayer until it changes. We also have to submit to God and all he calls us to. We often want to pick and choose what to follow omitting the parts that don't fit in our lifestyle. Leaders needs to not be caught up in worldly affairs, but stand firm on the word that they teaching. We have to pray for direction on how to correctly handle our brothers and sisters instead of judging when we have work to do ourselves
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kaylaalston on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Exactly

kaylaalston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content