Matthew 8 Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matthew 8 Discussion

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Matthew 8

In Matthew chapter 8 Jesus showed who he really is. He showed how much power he has. From this chapter I was able to see what Jesus can do for those that believe in him. I also begun to realize how much faith Jesus has in God his father. So many times when we are doing good flesh can easily give us the “I” complex that I am doing this and I am doing that forgetting that without God we are not able to do anything, because we simply do not have the power.

In Matthew 8: 5-13 showed that when you have the faith in God that he is able to perform just what you asked then you give him the room to freely move in your life. The centurion came to Jesus knowing what he can do and knowing that if anyone can heal his servant it would be God. He also felt that he was not worthy enough to have Jesus enter into his home. One thing that he did have is Faith. This reminded me that so often we will look for that touch, to get through, forgetting that somethings just need a word from the Lord. It also shows the power of words. No matter where you are the words you speak can reach that very place before you can arrive to that very place. So be cautious what you say and what you ask for.

Matthew 8: 14-17 spoke of just one touch from Jesus was able to heal the sick and drive out spirits. By trusting in God we are able to do the same, we can lay hands of the sick cast out demons, but the key is to trust in God enough to use us as a vessel to perform it. There is no room for doubt when there are lives to be saved.

Matthew 8: 23-27 One thing that we have to think about is that we cannot be rattled by every storm that comes our way. We have to know that we serve a God that is more than able to calm any storm that may arise around us. We just have to be wise enough to tap into the source.

No matter what we go through Jesus has the power to change the situation, and lives. What we have to do is to make sure that we are tapping into the power within so that He has total control in any situation. Knowing that just one word can change an entire atmosphere. Just like in Matthew 8:32 Jesus said one word “GO!” and the demons fled, this is the same power that we can ask God for, the only way for it to be effective, is to have faith that it will work.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew 8 Discussion

Post by kaylaalston on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:57 am

Agreed!!! A lot of times I think we get so caught in the storm we lose focus. We forget that God is in control and take matters into our hands, and instead of making it out the storm we get caught in the rain. As you said we have to get self out of the situation and God has a way of giving you humility when you do not have it. We have to have that faith to know that God is going to steer the ship, that God is going to take care of the ship instead of believing we have to take care of it all on our own.

kaylaalston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:54 am

So true we can't be the captian if we don have to power or even the knowledge to steer the ship. God knows our purpose and our journey, yet we still feel we can fix it, instead of just letting go and letting God.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slimhall on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Did any one other than myself noticed that with faith you can save time and energy. Not to mention over doing or thinking. I say this because in this chapter Jesus touched a hand with out much force.sickness removed. He said one word Go and the unclean spirits left. One verse he did nothing but agree with the soilder and the servant was well. Etc..... what I am saying is Faith in our God does not need theatrics from a preach or any one else for that matter just a willing vessel with Hope in its heart. AND A BOX OF POPCORN. To watch the show.

slimhall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:57 pm

you brought up a good point and one that I read but fail to pay attention to. Jesus did not use force at all to perform the miracles. he also say one word and all things obeyed, even down to the demons that enter into the pigs.

so often we as people try to force things to happen tiring ourselves out when we can simply speak it and let it be.
great point
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kaylaalston on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:24 pm

I failed to pay attention to that as well. That was a great point made me realize a few things, about my journey. All I have to do is speak with faith and it shall be.

kaylaalston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:28 pm

I agree with you it do make you think about the way you handle things l, and the process we take to overcome, we will stress trying to figure out how it will work, when all we ever had to do was ask and believe.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top