Matthew 9 Discusion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matthew 9 Discusion

Post by Admin on Wed May 06, 2015 7:56 am

Matthew Ch 9
In Matthew ch 9 we learned what it means to have faith in the works of God.
In Matthew 9:2-3 when Jesus got off the boat they came across from a man that was paralytic lying on a stretcher, now the scripture says that when Jesus saw their faith he told them have courage, your sins are forgiving. Then some experts in law then begin to say that the words of Jesus was blaspheming. I thought about this for a moment and came to realize that so often we are this way as well. When blessing do not come in the form that we want we begin to question God. Never really looking at the fact that we were blessed with something that we could not do ourselves.
The men complained about the blessing causing Jesus to prove who he really was. Why do we feel that we are obligated to question the way God chooses to bless us? When we know that anyway he chooses to bless us we should be satisfied. We are in a state now that we want proof, we have to see exactly what is being done, words will not do. When it comes to the power of God there should never be a question that it is done and it is well. In Matthew 9:8 is said that they were afraid and then honored God. We are still like this today, we want the proof, when we know we cannot handle it, instead of giving God the space to bless us the way he wants to.

In Matthew 9:9 this is where Jesus told Matthew to leave the tax booth and follow him. How many of us would just leave what you are doing at the very moment to follow a man you have just meet. I can say that me I would have to analyze every aspect. As believers we have to work on this because when God tell you to move you have to have enough faith in him to do just what he said.

In Matthew 9:10-13 we find Jesus eating with the tax collectors and sinners. The Pharisees seen this and asked why does your teacher eat with the tax collectors and the sinners. This is one thing that we face today. When people feel that they have reached a certain level in God, they have told themselves that I cannot interact with certain types of people. Or this group is beneath us now so we cannot be with them. So many people forget that they were once in a dry place, before they drank from the living water. How do you ever expect to win souls if you convientally forget where you come from. Jesus reminded us that he did not come to call the righteous but the sinners.

Matthew 9:18-26 we read about Jesus healing and restoring those in need of Him. Now as Jesus was going to heal the daughter of a ruler. The lady with the issue of blood touch him. Now in this we have to think, this lady had an issue, she had enough faith in God to know that if I can just touch Jesus I will be healed. How many times have we wanted to touch Jesus in such a way that he notice and he blesses us right at that moment. Faith is the key to all locked doors. 9:23-26 the girl was dead, but God touch her and he awoke. Now the crowd knew she was dead, but because they went to God with a need and not try to fix it on their own he was able to perform a miracle.

Jesus then begin to heal and deliver many more people. The thing that stood out to me was that everyone wanted to be a part of the miracle, yet they were disobedient in what was asked of them. They were told not to share with others. Yet they did. This reminds of today, so many people want the blessing and they also want everyone to know that they have just been blessed.

Matthew 9:37-38 what I got from these scriptures is that Jesus has perform all of the miracles, yet he ask for one thing and all he asked was for the people not to share he good deeds. Yet they were looking for God to move and work on their behalf. That is why I feel he harvest is plentiful and workers are few. So everyone is ready for the fruit but no one is willing to do the work to get it.
Share your thoughts:_______________________________________________________________

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew 9 Discusion

Post by kaylaalston on Wed May 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Humbleness, bragging and boasting is not what he wanted. Its crazy how we want something but rarely want to do the work I examine Kayla and I think you want something from God but you do not put in the time with God like you should, I have to remind myself that Faith without works is dead.

kaylaalston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 06, 2015 7:08 pm

you are so right about that. We have something that God can use and it will take work for us to be effective. Sometimes people will watch the hard work of others and try to down them or question their works. Until they see that it is making a difference then they want to see more or they give you the highest praise.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top