Matthew 11:1-30 discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matthew 11:1-30 discussion

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:36 pm

One thing that I learned in reading Matthew chapter 11, is that no matter where you are and what you do people will hear of your works and deeds. It's up to us if they what we are putting out for the world to see. In this chapter John was in prison and he heard of the Messiah and his works, so he sent his men to see who he was.  This is still relevant today people will send out others to see just who you are and what it is that you are actually doing. So Jesus sent the men back to John with a message of the works that he has done and what they themselves have witnessed. One thing that we can use as a reminder from this scripture is that they will be people that will want to be in your presence not because of who you are and what you do, but as a spectator on assignment to report to others they may be watching. This is why it is important when you are on kingdom assignment that all that you do is lead by God, because even then ones on assignment can see and be changed by the God they see in you. Your actions and words should align with the works you have performed. People will wait to discredit your assignment so you have to ensure that you are what you speak.

In Matthew 11:20-27 Jesus begun to denounce the town. From this I learned the importance of repentance. God will provide us with all that we need in any situation we may face. He will bless us even when we do not deserve it. Yet we will continuously stand and assume that we are worthy of all we have never taking the time to repent of the things we know we fall short in. Not taking the time to recognize just what we need to work on. Then we continue to expect to be blessed. We have to constantly humble ourself and ask for forgiveness because we are not always  worthy of the blessings we have.

Matthew 11:28-30 I love these scriptures because it was a reminder that we are not alone in this thing that we have someone willing to stand with us, someone willing to lift our burdens. Someone willing to release us from the things that maybe holding is hostage in our life. It's good to know that even when we feel we are fighting these battles alone, there is someone we can call on when we need him.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew 11:1-30 discussion

Post by slimhall on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:25 pm

My revelation of Matt:11

Those of us that have seen or heard of the mighty blessings of the Lord will and are on the heat seat. Meaning we have no reason to act or not react to certain situations of the world. We as believers of The Christ will and should be held at a higher standard than those that do not kno him. Our biological parents hold us at higher standards than some one else's kids because they kno we were taught better. And our Heavenly father looks at us the same way.

slimhall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slimhall on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:30 pm

My revelation of Matt 11

And in the latter of the chapters we are reminded. The walk we have in front of us my be bumpy at times but we aren't in it alone....

slimhall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:34 pm

You make a great point we have to be the light and show others the way, not be so dim that no one can tell us apart from the world. No matter how rough this journey maybe
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://egandf.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top